William Doo Auditorium:
We are using one side of the William Doo as UofT student hangout steps (south side Room B) and the other side as a teaching collaborative space (north side Room A) and we will have some bookings that will use both side for events..
The room Capacity of Room A:
- 105 loose seating.
- OR 8 round tables with 6 chairs = 48 (each table fits 4 comfortably but can squeeze 6 chairs)
The room Capacity of Room B
- 130 fixed stair seating
- Caretaking fees range from 150-$200 for Fri, Sat, Sun & holiday events. ($150.00 for Saturday events, $200 for Sunday events)
- Other fees can include for special set ups/requests and AV techs.
- The rental rate for bookings using north side Room A is $350/day
- The rental rate for booking using the full auditorium is $700/day.
- The rental rate for a New College sponsored event is $500/day (paid internally).
- The rental fee is waived for New College internal departments Monday – Thursday and Friday before 2pm.
To inquire for availability, please email email@example.com. If available, please submit the rental form and deposit to reserve the space. Rental forms must be sent at least 14 days in advance of event date.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- AV equipment- The room has a podium that connects your laptop to a projector and screen (both wired and wireless). The following wireless devices are also included – 2 handheld mics, 2 lapel mics, 2 podium mics and 2 assistive listening devices. Please download the William Doo Manual for more information on using the AV.
- Student AV techs (additional charges and if available) are to help with initial set up and get connected only. If you require tech support for your event or require more or other AV equipment, you will need to source your own vendor.
- For catering inquiries please contact UofT Food Services or your own caterer.
- The William Doo is not bookable as a classroom space for ongoing regular bookings
- Room B will be primarily used as ‘Hang Out Steps’ for University of Toronto students